Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So around this time, two years ago...

Last Monday was Ariana's 2nd birthday and believe it or not, I didn't cry every time I thought about her getting older. We had a tiny Bday party, with Daddy, Mami and the Bday girl. We're having a bigger party with a few friends on Sunday and I am very excited because I love having parties and people over!

Last year on Ariana's 1st birthday, Alan and I kept thinking about what we went through the year before, while I was in labor, when I started pushing and when we held her for the 1st time. We did this again this year, I love thinking about the day Ariana was born, I love to remember how that day felt, how exciting it was and how little and new she was.

I will try to make this a little tradition for her birthday, to remember what an amazing experience it was and how happy we were to have her... and then when she's a teenager and starts giving me a hard time, I'll let her know about the 13 hours of labor, the painful contractions that came every 5 seconds and the 3 loooong hours of pushing that she put me through!!

Happy 2nd Birthday Arianita! It was all worth it!!!
Birthday girl with her birthday crown!!! "Yaaaay!!"

Blowing the candle!!! and Eating cake!!!

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

She's gorgeous and she looks so grown up in her tiara!

Happy Birthday Arianna!