I used to take long showers, shampoo twice, leave the conditioner on for a few minutes, scrub, shave my legs, put lotion on, do my nails, take time blow drying my hair, clean my house thoroughly in no time, should I go on? Anyway, it was a long time ago, 2 years to be exact... I can't believe Ariana is turning 2 in less than a week! Where is time going? I know everyone says it goes fast, it's true, it flies. My baby will be 2, she talks so much now and even makes sense, she gets sneakier and sassier everyday, she has the latin temper for sure, but she also hugs and kisses me and daddy all the time and she's always singing, she's a happy little girl and she will always be my baby, she might start her own blog when she's older and talk about how her mom drives her nuts (
like I do about her grandma), but I don't care, because I know she'll love me just the same...
So I guess all I wanted to say with this post was, who cares if I don't get long showers anymore or if my hair looks nappy and crazy when I don't blow dry it, or if my skin is a little dry and my nails need some TLC? who cares? The last 2 years of not getting enough time to take care of myself, have been replaced with 2 years of getting to hold my baby girl, giving her long baths, putting lots of lotion on her chunky little body, having fun doing her hair with cute bows, playing with her and leaving a mess of toys all over the living room, and I am looking forward to whatever else the next 2, 5, 10, 20, 40... years will hold for us, because time does fly and I want to make sure I don't miss out!
Happy "almost" 2nd birthday tiqui!
3 comments:
This post brought a tear to my eye. I know exactly how you feel. It's worth everything we are giving up for all the love that we receive in return.
Happy Birthday to your sweet Dora!
I would not change a thing either. Our kids are surely our most precious
treasures.
Happy Birthday, Arianna.
I just realized you started a blog! Good for you--it looks great! I'm going to go add you to my blogroll...
Post a Comment